Robotic surgery may sound like a futuristic idea, but it is a reality that is changing the shape of women’s healthcare today. Using robotic surgery, we at Elite OBGYN are capable of performing otherwise invasive surgeries using only small incisions and the precision of an expert-guided robotic device. The result is a shortened recovery period, lowered risk of complications and a better overall outcome.
There are several gynecological surgeries for which robotic surgery is beneficial. Some of them include:
– Removal of uterus (hysterectomy)
– Removal of uterine fibroids (myomectomy)
– Tubal ligation reversal (tubal reanastomoses)
– Complete removal of the uterus, cervix, upper vagina, and parametrium (radical hysterectomy)
Lymph node dissections
– Uterine prolapsed repair (sacrocolpopexies)
Overall, we and our patients prefer less invasive treatment options whenever possible. Robotic gynecological surgeries allow us to combine our skill and experience with the accuracy of a robot to provide the most advantageous results for our patients.
For more information about robotic surgery or to find out if it is right for you, contact our office to schedule a private consultation.